foxtail n : grasses of the genera Alopecurus and Setaria having dense silky or bristly brushlike flowering spikes [syn: foxtail grass]
- Acalypha hispida (Chenille Plant)
- Among grasses:
- Lycopodium clavatum (Foxtail Clubmoss)
- Wodyetia bifurcata (Foxtail Palm)
- A type of woven jewellery chain made of three sets of interconnecting links.
- A decorative ornament commonly flown from the tip of automobile radio aerials, popular in the 1950s and 1960s.
- The trademarked name for a toy consisting of a rope tied to a ball, allowing it to be thrown like a sling. This toy name should not be confused with flying fox, which is an Australian English toy cablecar similar to a zip-line (also aerial runway).